July 16, 2012

it's definitely monday.

oh. my. gosh.

this monday has definitely been a money.

first - on saturday - carter called me while i was at fort edmonton with my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws and said that he was on his way to the fort mcmurray hospital (he's working out of town - read here for deets) because he hit his hand with a sledgehammer. he basically described it to me as a belling tool-hand-hammer sandwich. my poor husband. :( good news: it's not broken, just definitely bruised. bad news: he's staying in anzac for the rest of the week.

okay. so back to monday.

last night i had to start fasting at 7 so i could get my blood taken this morning. so la-de-da, i woke up an hour earlier than i usually do, took my insulin, then walked to the lab by my house (figure 1.0).

(figure 1.0)
and got in line. 40 minutes later they called me in. now i'm not afraid of needles. hello, diabetic! but as of late (like my tb test that i had for work) they've made me slightly light headed. so the little filipino lady put the needle in my arm and started taking blood. and the more she took the worse i felt. by the time she finished i was ready to throw up. i was so light headed. the last thing i saw was her bringing me an orange juice.. apparently i blacked out and came back to when i was laying in a bed with an ice pack on the back of my neck. it was so horrifying. i think it had a lot to do with the fact that i hadn't eaten in 12 hours because that had never happened to me before. then obviously i went to mcdonald's for breakfast - since i was already late for work - and i was feeling much better after.


when i got to work - only half an hour late! not too bad, considering! - one of my managers asked me to go with her to her office. i was expecting to do a performance evaluation since i've been there for a month.. but instead she told me that i need to stop taking 25 minute breaks (we get 15 minutes twice a day and 30 minutes once a day) and that it's inappropriate for me to leave the office to take phone calls. WHAT?! the longest break i ever took was 16 minutes, and that was because the crosswalk light took too long to let me cross. and i NEVER leave to take phone calls. who is that important that i have to talk to? are you kidding me? but i didn't argue with her. i just nodded. but it made me so furious. the worst part is that i'm like pretty positive i know who said it, but i'm just keeping it to myself.

THENNNNN. on my way home from work. the freaking bus driver GOT LOST. ARE YOU JOKING ME?!?!?!?! i looked up from my phone and i was like.. uhh. what? (figure 1.1) is the route my bus is supposed to take. (A) is where i get on and (B) is where i live.

(figure 1.1)
 this is the route that he took. (A) is where i get on, (B) is where he dropped me off, and (C) is where i live.

go ahead and ask how happy i am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!