August 6, 2012

August Loooong!

Lucky for me, Carter was able to come home this weekend!

This is lucky for two reasons.

#1 - I miss my husband a lot when he's gone.
#2 - We had tickets to see Rascal Flatts at Big Valley Jamboree on Sunday!

So he got home on Wednesday and Thursday I had to work. After work we just went to dinner and came home because I had to work on Friday too, but I woke up at like 4 in the morning and I was really sick so I called into work. So Friday was pretty chill. We bought a couple of Ikea chairs and put them together, and then the missionaries came over to talk to Meghan -- that's a different story completely, I'll blog about that later! -- and then we went and bought a futon and put that together. Then Carter and Meghan decided that it would be a good idea to have an all nighter (I went to bed at 1:30. Crazies).

Saturday was Edmonton Heritage Festival! It was so cool! Basically, all the different ethnicities in and around Edmonton set up pavillions and they have cultural foods and dancing and crafts and stuff. It's really neat to see all the different ethnicities.

On our way like real Edmontonians -- we bused.

I was tempted to leave him there.. ;)

We found Wales! Lots of family in Wales.

And the Phils! Ethan is serving n the Phils!

Isn't he the cutest Kenyan woman you've ever seen?

Sunday was the day I've been waiting for since Christmas. Oh my goodness.


BIG. VALLEY. JAMBOREE. 

I've never been to such a great concert. I can't wait till next year (when Alan Jackson and Lady A will be there!!).

We went for Rascal Flatts, but also saw Michelle Wright and Kix Brooks (of Brooks and Dunn).

Yayyyyyy for Rascal!



This is what they call the 'concert bowl'. What you see is half of all the lawn chairs people bring to sit on during the concert. So. Many. People.

And this is what I woke up to.
Joe Don Rooney (the guitarist) of Rascal Flatts is following ME! on Twitter! Baaaaah.

Happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!