July 16, 2014

Jack's Corner!


You guys,

I am so excited. I am opening a dayhome/child care center!

With Carter going back to school in September (Criminal Justice - Policing), I need to find some income. My options? Go back to work in my field (Medical Transcription), making more money, but spending money on putting Jack in daycare (and being miserable!! I need to be with my baby!), or work from home, making less money, but keeping Jack with me! So a dayhome it is!

I can't wait to get started.

About me? I am the oldest of 5 kids, the youngest is 8 years younger than me so I spent a lot of time helping out with him (and the other boys) while I was growing up. I baby sat for other families from the time I was probably 12, including a family that had two boys with special needs. I was also a nanny for a year after high school. I now have a 16 month old who is seriously my pride and joy. He challenges me every day (and has since he was born!), but watching him learn and grow is so rewarding! That is why I chose a dayhome.

I know how much I love my child, and how difficult it would be for me to leave him day after day so I could go to work (heck, it's difficult for me to leave him for a couple of hours!!). I would need someone I trusted, who I believed could care for my child as well as I could without taking over the role of mother. If it was me looking for childcare, I would want someone with children. Someone who knows the ups and downs of child rearing, of being a mother, of its joys and challenges. Someone who you can see genuinely cares for her own child, as well as the ones in her care everyday.

That is what I want to bring to these young lives. I want to be a leader and friend, gentle but strong.

I just finished my CPR level C and First Aid certification, so you can be sure your children are in capable hands!

I am going to be "open" from 7 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, with the exception of stat holidays or the Monday following a stat holiday on the weekend.

I will be accepting full time (over 25 hours a week or 100 hours a month), part time (under 25 hours a week or 100 hours a month), after school care, and drop in.

Full time: $450/month, $500/month for newborns-1 year old (contract required)
Part time: $250/month, $300/month for newborns-1 year old (contract required)
Drop in/after school care: $7/hour, $10/hour for newborns-1 year old

I will be providing two snacks (morning and afternoon), and lunch.

Parents are required to provide diapers, wipes, an extra outfit, outdoor clothes, sunscreen, bug spray, a bottle or sippy cup, comforts such as a blanket or pacifier, baby food, and formula. I will not allow toys or books from home.

I am not licensed, going through an agency, or offering subsidy. I will provide a receipt for tax purposes at the end of the calendar year.

I am so looking forward to meeting and caring for your precious kids!! Please don't hesitate to message me on Facebook, or text or call me (403-360-7294) if you are interested or have any questions! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!