January 31, 2014

February resolutions

Hi, my name is Nicole, and I hate New Year resolutions.

Instead, I do February resolutions!

This February I have 2.

#1 - Take care of myself. My diabetes, specifically. (Lecturers, be gone.) I need to do it for my husband, for my baby, for any future babies, and for myself. I spent $215 at the pharmacy on insulin and strips today, so I'd better use it well!!

#2 - Cloth diapers. I'm going to do another blog next week on how our first week goes, but it has begun! I'm so overwhelmed at the choices and decisions and trial and error, but I'm so excited to a.I) never buy diapers again, a.II) save money, b) make a better, healthier choice for I) Jack, and II) the world Jack is going to grow up in!

Just to give you a money saving example? After 30 months (or 7, 354 diaper changes), disposable diapers add up to about $2,349, with no resale value; cloth diapers add up to $775, with a resale value of $550. That right there is enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. Even I don't believe on New Year Resolution. They can never be followed after March. I always give up. Nice to know that you have so much plans for February. Take care of your diabetes.

    Regards,
    Patria Jase

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!